I am user of windows 8.1 from last some months. Here I am sharing you some tips that creates fun & loving environment to use windows 8 with ease and discover new way to work and play with Windows 8.1.
Windows 8.1 has been designed to power an exciting and affordable new generation of tablets and PCs. We'll be amazed by what a computer can do now.
If you still don't have windows 8.1 or using older version of Window, Please upgrade/download a new version as Windows 8.1 from here.
Have Tricks to play with Windows 8.1
- Move any tile by clicking and dragging the tile. While moving a tile, if you need a larger view of the Start screen move the tile towards the top or bottom of the screen to zoom out.
- Use your mouse wheel to scroll left-to-right through your tiles.
- Any Desktop shortcut or program can be pinned to the Start screen by right-clicking the icon and choosing Pin to Start.
- In the bottom right-hand corner of the start screen is a magnifying glass with tiles, click this icon to get a zoomed out view of your Start screen. In this view, if you right-click on a group of tiles you'll be given the option to name group, which can be useful if you have a group of related tiles (e.g. games). In this view, you can also click and drag a group to organize your tile groups.
- Create a new speed bump between tile groups by moving a tile to a speed bump.
- Resize any User tile or Live tile by right-clicking the tile and choosing resize.
- If there is a tile you want on your Taskbar, right-click the tile and choose Pin to taskbar.
- Show admin applications on the Start screen by clicking Settings in Charms, click Settings, and change the Show administrative tools from No to Yes.
- In Internet Explorer 10, you can also pin any of your favorite web pages to your Start Screen.
Use a picture password to log into your computer
Windows 8 includes a new feature called Picture password, which allows you to authenticate with the computer using a series of gestures that include circles, straight lines, and taps. Enable this feature if you want a new way to access your computer or have a hard time with passwords. Please follow below steps-
- Open the Windows Charms.
- Click Settings and then More PC settings
- In the PC settings window click Users and then select Create a picture password
Keyboard shortcut keys
- Press the Windows key to open the Start screen or switch to the Desktop (if open).
- Press the Windows key + D opens the Windows Desktop.
- Press the Windows key + . to pin and unpin Windows apps on the side of the screen.
- Press the Windows key + X to open the power user menu, which gives you access to many of the features most power users would want (e.g. Device Manager and Command Prompt).
- Press the Windows key + C to open the Charms.
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings, which is the same Settings found in Charms.
- Press and hold the Windows key + Tab to show open apps.
- Press the Windows key + Print screen to create a screen shot, which is automatically saved into your My Pictures folder.
Some new Features upgraded from Windows 7
- A beautiful new Start screen that you can customize with your favorite apps, people, and sites
- Great built-in apps like Mail, Calendar, and Photos, with many more available from the Windows Store
- Optimized for the new generation of thin and light touch-enabled PCs
- Built-in cloud storage with OneDrive for anytime, anywhere access to your photos, files, and settings
If you like this article, kindly give your valuable comments here.