"Metro UI is nothing but a design structure/pattern with a smooth, attractive and simple user interface where text content has more appeal than the containers"
Please follow these rules when you are trying to develop a website using Microsoft's Metro UI design being a best web professional.
Rules given by Microsoft for Metro design
- Consistent and smooth navigation and scrolling.
- Both the background of the page and the background of text should be plain, usually with a solid color, to avoid distracting from the text.
- Simple, attractive and non bothering user interface
- Organize information on the bases of meaning and functionality.
- Attention on the device on which the software will run. this will remove future difficulties when the software will run on both traditional and touch-screens with different sizes.
- Use font-size and colors for content separation and headings in place of background and some other separator containers.
- Use snap view to engage your users.
- Keep app contextual actions in the app bar.
Here check this layout and content representation as a best metro design example