Find the solution of following queries:
Ques: What is Web application project?
Ques: What is website?
Ques: Differentiate Web Application and Website in with respect to Dot Net Technology.
Web application projects
- A Visual Studio project file (.csproj or .vbproj) stores information about the project, such as the list of files that are included in the project.
- You explicitly compile the source code on the computer that is used for development or source control.
- By default, compilation of code files (excluding .aspx and .ascx files) produces a single assembly.
- For deployement, You need to copy the assembly to a server. The assembly is produced by compiling the application.
- Use when You want to avoid putting source code on a production server.
Web site projects
- There is no project file (.csproj or .vbproj). All the files in a folder structure are automatically included in the site.
- The source code is typically compiled dynamically (automatically) by ASP.NET on the server the first time a request is received after the site has been installed or updated.
- By default, compilation produces multiple assemblies.
- You copy the application source files to a computer that has IIS installed on it.
- You want to be able to update individual files in production by just copying new versions to the production server, or by editing the files directly on the production server.