"There are many creative ways to increase traffic to your website and keeping website visitors engaged by attractive and cool graphics and so many other features by which every visitor got impressed and ready to think to visit again and again"
These tips are:
- You should link to RSS feeds of relevance. If you continuously update your RSS feeds, it’s going to come across as new content to your readers. If you can’t find a suitable RSS feed for your website, create your own. Motivate people to also subscribe to your RSS feed.
- Text readability should make your pages easy to read, break up blocks of text and create short paragraphs
- For easy navigation, you should create a toolbar with links that are easy to navigate and position the toolbar in an area that makes sense
- The foremost step is tracking your visitors. Use Google Analytics or whatever tracking tool you prefer to track the number of visitors and the gap between new and returning visitors. Set goal values (for example, 1 new sign up against every 100 new visitors) and set a target for, say, the next quarter. Once you get raw statistics of visitors, you are ready to move on and experiment with your website to achieve your targets.
- The next step is starting conversations. Make is super easy for visitors to leave their feedback or comments. Whether you have a blog or a website, you should allow visitors to get involved by participating in a conversation or initiating a new thread. Remove barriers. Website visitors should not be required to create an account to leave comment. Allow them to use their twitter, facebook or Google account to get authenticated and participate in conversations.
- Allow your website visitors to use their existing profiles like Google or facebook to join or sign up. If you must register them with you, avoid long registration forms. Ask only for the information that you would really need.
- Allow your website visitors to stay up-to-date with your products, offerings or activities. Allow them to subscribe via RSS or follow you on facebook, twitters and other social networks. Also use Google Friend Connect, a very useful but a bit unappreciated tool.
- Maintain a consistent and compelling twitter stream or Facebook updates on your facebook fan page to keep your fans, customers and prospects in the loop.
- Offer useful content – not just informative articles or breaking news but practical and useful content that your website visitors would love to download or use online. It could be a freebie, online service, royalty free images, printable cards or anything that relates to your business.
- Reward your customers or users with a royalty program or other offerings that compel them to use your products/services and recommend them to others.
- Use crowd sourcing techniques to engage your website visitors and existing customers to help you decide new offerings or even the redesign of your logo or website. It makes them a part of the team and the sense of a connection with the brand.
- Make your website or blog easy to navigate, good on eyes and tasteful to read.