"It is very interesting and most likely feature of Gmail that we can send SMS in Chat to any phone number for free of cost. So in this post I am telling you the process to use this feature if you still don't know how to use Gmail SMS service"
If your Gmail Chat is not enabled and you are not able to send SMS then Login to your Gmail account and follow these simple steps.
Steps to enable SMS (Text Messaging) in chat for Gmail:
- Sign into your Gmail Account.
- Click the gear icon on upper-right side and click “Mail Settings”.
- Click “Labs” tab and the scroll down until you find an option of SMS (Text Messaging) in chat, and then select Enable.
- You many also enable one more supplementary lab called SMS in chat gadget. For now, SMS in Chat only works for sending SMS to phone number in certain countries.
- Now, SAVE the changes.
How to send free SMS:
1. Select the name from the chat on the left hand side and click on the more button.
2. Select “Send SMS” option.
3. In the dialogue box, enter the phone number in the “sent SMS message to this number” field.
4. Click “Save”
5. A chat window will appear, now just type the message and hit Enter. The message will be sent to the person whom number you entered.
Note: If you contact replies you back, the text message will as a reply in chat. You can also find these conversations in your Chat history.