"How to Disable Search History From Windows 7"
We know that Windows 7 automatically saves all the recent searches which have done by the users and again when we start searching anything in the search box then the last three searches become visible under the search box as a hint. If that computer is sharable among multiple peoples like our friends, I might not want others to see my past searches.
Here I am telling you the best way in which we can disable search history visibility in Windows 7.
Steps to disable search history display in Windows 7:
- Enter gpedit.msc in the search box of the Start menu. Press Enter. This will open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Scroll down to User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Windows Explorer.
- Double-click on Turn off display of recent search entries in the Windows Explorer search box on the right hand side of the dialog box.
- Select Enabled and click on the Apply button.
- Click on the OK button.
- Close out of the Group Policy Editor.
Note: We can’t disable that search history in Windows 7 Home Editions. This is due to the fact that you need to utilize the Group Policy Editor for achieving to get this goal and it’s not available in Home versions.